Bird in Hand Farm

Bird in Hand Farm is an imaginary place.


Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 14th

I'm still here.

I even finished something this week.  It's Bubbly Curtain from Mason Dixon Knitting. This is the third project I have made from the book.  I made the curtain last summer and ran out of yarn.  It was too small.
So, I made it again.  This time from a full cone of Peaches and Cream cotton yarn.
Much better.

I also have a few projects in the works and some goals for the year.

Our financial goal is to have all debts but the mortgage paid off.  Right now we are working on the second car loan.  $2,400 to go on that one.  Then there are 3 student loans.

My next goal is to keep the dining room table cleared off.  It is amazing how much crap accumulates there.  It took me the better part of an hour today to clear it off and put everything away.
Here it is with only the Farmer's laptop, kiddo's homework and the library book bin on it.

As usual, I am knitting and spinning stuff.  I'm knitting Susie Hoodie from More Big Girl Knits. I'm using Cascade Eco+.  It means the cables will be soft and not well defined, but all in all I really like the yarn.  I'm spinning an alpca blend from Autumn Mist Alpacas that the Farmer picked out at the Empire Alpaca Extravaganza.  It is sooooooo soft.  I spin about 30 minutes a day.  I'm hoping to have it spun up and knitted into a hat in time for the Farmer's birthday.
I'm going to try to get back into the habit of posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment